- That animals are different from human beings in their response to human action.
- That the actions of animals are often unpredictable.
- That the Effingham County Humane Society makes no claim as to the temperament, health, or mental disposition of any animal a volunteer may be working with at any given time.
- That I am volunteering at my own risk and am aware of the risks involved
- That I will accompany and closely supervise my child under age 16, who is experienced with animal handling, in order for him/her to handle any of the animals
- That I agree the animals must stay in a designated area during events unless removal is necessary and approved by that specific animal's caregiver.
- That I agree only experienced adults or experienced children over the age of 16 can remove any animals from their pens or walk the animals during events.
I hereby release and discharge the Effingham County Humane Society forever from liability for any injury, illness, or damages caused or sustained in the course of my volunteer work with the Effingham County Humane Society and from any action, claims, suits, or demands whatsoever that may arise as a result of such injury, illness, or damages. I further represent that I possess medical coverage or the means to pay for medical treatment involving any activity undertaken in the course of my work and activities with the Effingham County Humane Society.
I, as a volunteer for the Effingham County Humane Society, agree to abide by all policies and procedures of the Society and will do my best to provide a clean, safe, and caring environment for the animals during their stay. I also understand that due to lack of volunteer homes/space, the health of the animal, and temperament, some animals may be turned down.
Volunteers are expected to comply with the animal care procedures and operate in accordance with the policies and mission of the Effingham County Humane Society. Any volunteer in violation of the policies and procedures or those found to be disruptive to the daily functioning of the Effingham County Humane Society may be prohibited from volunteering or restricted in volunteering duties.
By selecting submit, you do hereby electronically sign this document